Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Simplest Possible Way to Get a Project Plan?

I want some work done - so make a new project...

Ok. Here are the tasks that need doing (I can enter them as a comma separated list).

My task list forecasts that these tasks are never going to complete. I guess that's because I don't have anyone to work on them. So add myself as a resource to the project.

Good. They're now being scheduled but I don't think the most important things are being done first. I need to prioritise...

That's fine. They're in order and I can create a Timebox to show what will be done in the first two weeks. Let's have a look at the forecast Gantt and Burndown charts...


Seems ok but all the tasks have the default estimate of 2 days. Next job is to estimate those tasks properly. Oh and I also need to add in the other project resources, and when they're going to be available to the project. Once that's done I'll have a plan I can show my manager.

Mmmm... That didn't take too long!

No comments:

Breakout sessions that ensure everyone in the meeting meets everyone else

Lockdown finds us doing more and more in online meetings, whether it's business, training, parties or families. It also finds us spendin...