The xProcess Workflow Server runs on Tomcat and is designed to respond to events that occur within the xProcess Data Source (detected by the DataSourceMonitor) or in external systems (detected by custom Monitors). Typical uses for the Workflow Server are
- to integrate with other systems, such as bug tracking systems, that are running in your environment
- to notify users by email of changes to plans or processes
- to update external systems with changes that have occurred in xProcess.
- Developing your own workflow monitor
- Discussion of a typical tracking system integration
- Example State-transition-diagram (STD)
Also included in the source code are a number of examples of workflow usage, including and integration with the “Flyspray” bug tracking system. When running, this automatically creates tasks to correspond with confirmed bugs in Flyspray, and also updates the status of the issues when the xProcess tasks are closed for example.