Recently I've been looking for the shortest possible introduction for those starting Kanban. +David Anderson's foundational principles are a good candidate. Taking (I hope tolerable) liberties with the presentation of these, I summarise the principles as follows (please see "There are 3 ... Principles of Kanban" for what the "dot-dot-dots" stand for) :
- Start with what you do now ...
- Agree to pursue ... evolutionary change
- Encourage acts of leadership at all levels ...
|See the flow! One way to visualise work in progress|
- How long did this item take from concept to delivery?
- How many items were completed in the period?
- How many items are currently being worked on?
- How long is the time between deliveries?